St Aidan’s Anglican Church Eureka celebrates 120 years
SAINT Aidan's Anglican Church at Eureka will celebrate its 120 year anniversary with a commemorative service starting at 9am this Sunday followed by morning tea in the Eureka Hall.
St Aidan's Church of England, as it was in known 1895, was the focal point in Eureka for more than 100 years and is reputed to be the oldest Anglican Church in Byron shire.
In 1981 when it was absorbed into the Bangalow Anglican Parish which became custodian of six rural churches at Coorabell, Goonengerry, Federal, Clunes, Eltham and Eureka, the only one left today.
St Aidan's has lived through good times and bad times surviving thanks to the loyalty of pioneer families and in recent times, some newer residents.
Regular services are held on the second and fourth Sundays at 10.30 am.