Locals win big at North Coast Tourism Awards
SIX Northern Rivers tourism operatiors have received awards in the 2016 North Coast Tourism & The Legendary Pacific Coast Tourism Awards. The local winners are:
- Judith McGilvray Individual Contribution to Regional Tourism: Cameron Arnold, Byron Shire.
- Qantas Award for Excellence in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island Tourism, Silver Winner: National Parks & Wildlife Services & Cape Byron Trust (Byron Shire)
- Eco Tourism, Gold Award Winner: Byron Bay Eco Cruises & Kayaks
- Adventure Tourism, Gold Award Winner: Let's Go Surfing Byron Bay
- Tourism Education and Training, Gold Award: TEACH Wollongbar TAFE (Ballina Shire)
- Major Festivals & Events, Gold Award Winner: Byron Bay Bluesfest
The Winners of the North Coast Destination Network and The Legendary Pacific Coast Tourism Awards were announced and celebrating at a Gala Presentation Dinner at Cassegrain Winery in Port Macquarie tonight.
North Coast Destination Network and The Legendary Pacific Coast Executive Officer, Ms Belinda Novicky, presided over the event.
"More than 150 tourism industry leaders are celebrating at this tourism night of nights," she said.
"I'd particularly like to thank our industry judges who meticulously waded through all the entries and undertook on site visits to pick the best of our region," she said.